Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Coffee Rub Brisket

Cooked a 8.3 lb brisket for New Years Eve get together.  Cooked for 17 hours at 220 dome temp.  Couldn't get brisket to the magic "200" temp so I increased temperature to 300-325 for last hour and pulled it at 18 hours total smoking time.  Fork Tender.  Used a coffee rub with ground espresso, gave it a very rich and full flavor.  Getting ready to have leftovers for New Years Day with Black-Eyed Peas.  Lesson Learned:  Don't pull it until its done.  Was getting frustrated that my math (1.5 hours per pound) didn't work and the brisket was still on the BGE after 15 hours.  Best Practice: This brisket had a large fat cap, it was pretty thick so I scored it, the ridges were like a built-in baster to the meat.
brisket.JPG
2048 x 1536 - 1M

Comments