Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

1st Cook...safe route

Played around with my new toy. Went safe with 6 different wings (got in some Dizzy pig so wanted to try the flavors). Indirect at 250 for almost 2 hours. Added some cherry wood...but not sure if I really tasted any. 
Wing flavors: 1 DD, 1 RR, 1TS, 1DD with sweet onion bbq sauce, 1 accent/pepper, and 1 accent/pepper/sweet onion bbq sauce. Must say that I went to check that tempature about 5 times getting started...then made myself go watch football and just wait it out. Loved the crisp skin! 

Decided to prep some pork ribs tonight. Any pointers would be helpful...I have both Cherry and Apple wood chucks...please list steps on getting nice smoke. Also, I don't like to foil ribs...so steps without that in the process. Also I just have the plate setter for now...will look at the AR later. 
Chicken.jpg
1840 x 3264 - 1M
Columbia, SC ~ LBGE, ThermaPen
I love to eat...sue me!

Comments