Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Good Ahi recipes wanted

billyraybillyray Posts: 1,115
edited December 2012 in EggHead Forum
I'd tell you I cooked this, but I didn't. Went to dinner last and had the best seared Ahi with peanut sauce. I couldn't get the recipe from the chef, but would like to do one myself. Any ideas would be appreciated. I took a few bites before I pulled out the iPhone.
ahi.jpg
480 x 640 - 85K
Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini

Comments

• GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,269

Chimney Tuna

dash of red chili oil

dash of sesame seed oil

1/2.cup dark soy sauce

1/2 cup honey

1 T dry wasabi powder

lbs

tuna loin, cut into 2 pieces

1/2

cup

sesame seeds

Tbs

peanut oil

Procedure

In a non-reactive bowl combine chili oil, sesame oil, soy, honey, and wasabi powder. Reserve 1/4 cup for dipping sauce. Roll eachpiece of tuna in this mixture to coat evenly. Marinate from 1 hour. Remove the tuna from the marinade and discard the marinade.

On a plate, lay the sesame seeds. Roll the tuna in the seeds to evenly coat.

Fire up the grill and on a well-oiled grate sear for 15 to 30 seconds per side or to desired temperature. Remove to rack and rest for 3 minutes. Cover with foil or plastic wrap to achieve carryovercooking. Slice thinly and serve with the dipping sauce. 

We make this recipe all the time - enjoy.

Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !