Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Southerner's Delight Pizza

A few weeks ago I decided to fix a pizza inspired by a restaurant in Chapel Hill, NC, Top of the Hill.  I started with homemade pimento cheese, I used shredded sharp cheddar, cream cheese, mayo, jalapeño's, and Frank's Hot Sauce.  I made a basic pizza dough, and used some leftover pulled pork, then drizzled with bbq sauce.  I was very pleased with the result but I'm still trying to perfect my dough. 
IMG_0663.jpg
2448 x 3264 - 2M
IMG_0664.jpg
2448 x 3264 - 2M
IMG_0666.jpg
2448 x 3264 - 2M
IMG_0673.jpg
2448 x 3264 - 2M

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

·

Comments

• Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,094
    Lord. Have. Mercy. I gotta try this. I've done BBQ pizza several times, but never with pimento cheese.
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
  • In the original post I forgot to mention that I didn't use any wood chips/chunks, just lump.  This is very rich and I think that I could feel my arteries clogging but it was very tasty.  

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

·
  • A BBQ hash pizza, very creative. Looks good. I'll bet your local cardiac unit put on extra staff when they heard what you were serving.  :))
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·