Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Southerner's Delight Pizza

A few weeks ago I decided to fix a pizza inspired by a restaurant in Chapel Hill, NC, Top of the Hill.  I started with homemade pimento cheese, I used shredded sharp cheddar, cream cheese, mayo, jalapeño's, and Frank's Hot Sauce.  I made a basic pizza dough, and used some leftover pulled pork, then drizzled with bbq sauce.  I was very pleased with the result but I'm still trying to perfect my dough. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

·

Comments

• Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,406
    Lord. Have. Mercy. I gotta try this. I've done BBQ pizza several times, but never with pimento cheese.
    ·
  • In the original post I forgot to mention that I didn't use any wood chips/chunks, just lump.  This is very rich and I think that I could feel my arteries clogging but it was very tasty.  

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

·
  • A BBQ hash pizza, very creative. Looks good. I'll bet your local cardiac unit put on extra staff when they heard what you were serving.  :))
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·