Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Southerner's Delight Pizza

Options
A few weeks ago I decided to fix a pizza inspired by a restaurant in Chapel Hill, NC, Top of the Hill.  I started with homemade pimento cheese, I used shredded sharp cheddar, cream cheese, mayo, jalapeño's, and Frank's Hot Sauce.  I made a basic pizza dough, and used some leftover pulled pork, then drizzled with bbq sauce.  I was very pleased with the result but I'm still trying to perfect my dough. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

Comments

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,054
    Options
    Lord. Have. Mercy. I gotta try this. I've done BBQ pizza several times, but never with pimento cheese.
  • Hokie_Smoker
    Options
    In the original post I forgot to mention that I didn't use any wood chips/chunks, just lump.  This is very rich and I think that I could feel my arteries clogging but it was very tasty.  

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    A BBQ hash pizza, very creative. Looks good. I'll bet your local cardiac unit put on extra staff when they heard what you were serving.  :))
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!