Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

chili-spiced pork tenderloin with caramelized blackberry sauce

This was Christmas-eve dinner for us this year.  Recipe straight out of the BGE cookbook, as posted elsewhere on the forum: 

Probably the easiest thing I've cooked on my BGE so far, and I have to say - it might be the best so far as well.  It took me a little longer to get the tenderloin up to temp (I was shooting for 155) than the 5 min per side the recipe calls for.  This may have been the result of me trying to cook bacon for Christmas morning's breakfast on the egg at the same time.  

Anyway, the result was so, so good.  Incredibly moist - more than any other tenderloin I've had prepared in any other way.  Definitely worth repeating. 

porkloin.jpg
1632 x 1224 - 709K
If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Okinawa, Japan

Comments