Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

chili-spiced pork tenderloin with caramelized blackberry sauce

This was Christmas-eve dinner for us this year.  Recipe straight out of the BGE cookbook, as posted elsewhere on the forum: 

Probably the easiest thing I've cooked on my BGE so far, and I have to say - it might be the best so far as well.  It took me a little longer to get the tenderloin up to temp (I was shooting for 155) than the 5 min per side the recipe calls for.  This may have been the result of me trying to cook bacon for Christmas morning's breakfast on the egg at the same time.  

Anyway, the result was so, so good.  Incredibly moist - more than any other tenderloin I've had prepared in any other way.  Definitely worth repeating. 

If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Albuquerque, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
·

Comments

• SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,271
    We do a similar deal on the glaze only with a seedless raspberry preserve (Polaner), except we pull the pork tenderloin off the Egg when IT hits 140F. Easiest cook on the planet!
    ·
  • The sauce in the recipe tastes a little vinegary by itself, but it was phenomenal with the pork. If folks aren't into that sort of thing honestly the tenderloin was pretty good all by itself.  Season tenderloins with chili powder, salt and pepper, throw on egg at 400 direct until internal temp hits 145 or whatever's desired.  It doesn't get much simpler than that!
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Albuquerque, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
    ·
  • John, That is an awesome recipe and we have made a number of times. So easy and good. Looks great.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
    ·
  • Where in Carolina are you?
    Boom
    ·
  • Where in Carolina are you?
    Durham.  

·