Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Late Christmas present fresh leg of pork

I received a late Christmas present today. My good friend, who only has a gasser called me on the 23rd and said he had a large crowd coming over on Christmas for dinner. He was going to do an 18 lb. fresh leg of pork (fresh ham) skin on. He said he did one a couple of years ago and it was great, nice ham flavor and done in 2 to 3 hours. I told him it must have been a fully cooked and cured ham, but he insisted it was a fresh leg. I told him a fresh leg would taste like a pork loin or if cooked longer it would be like pulled pork and would take at least 8 to 12 hours or longer to cook, depending on the temp., he insisted it was a fresh leg. He called on Christmas Eve and said he decided to go to the store and get a fully cooked ham and all turn out well. Today he presented me with a nice frozen 18 lb. fresh leg of pork. He wants me to do it like the pulled pork, I gave him early last week. I’ve never done a fresh ham for pulled pork, would it act like a <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Boston butt?

Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
·