Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Late Christmas present fresh leg of pork

I received a late Christmas present today. My good friend, who only has a gasser called me on the 23rd and said he had a large crowd coming over on Christmas for dinner. He was going to do an 18 lb. fresh leg of pork (fresh ham) skin on. He said he did one a couple of years ago and it was great, nice ham flavor and done in 2 to 3 hours. I told him it must have been a fully cooked and cured ham, but he insisted it was a fresh leg. I told him a fresh leg would taste like a pork loin or if cooked longer it would be like pulled pork and would take at least 8 to 12 hours or longer to cook, depending on the temp., he insisted it was a fresh leg. He called on Christmas Eve and said he decided to go to the store and get a fully cooked ham and all turn out well. Today he presented me with a nice frozen 18 lb. fresh leg of pork. He wants me to do it like the pulled pork, I gave him early last week. I’ve never done a fresh ham for pulled pork, would it act like a <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Boston butt?

Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
·