Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Where does everyone get their untreated 4x4's at? I have searched everywhere and all I can find is treated. Also all I can find is pine where is everyone finding other types of wood?

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,804
    Sometimes I go directly to a small mill...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,214
    edited December 2012
    Where are you? In the Pacific North West, Lowes, Home Depot and other lumber yards have 4X4 (nominally 3-1/2"X3-1/2") available in cedar, hemlock or spruce untreated, the more common is cedar. If you are making a table, cedar is fine for "legs". 
    We have some specialty lumber yards offering 3X3 and 4X4 in other "exotic" woods, maple, oak etc...
    If you had to you can laminate a couple of 2X4's together, produces a 3X3-1/2. Or if you have a table saw, rip the 2X4 (1-1/2X3-1/2) to 1-1/2X3, then laminate to create a 3X3. Good luck! 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • I live in east tn plenty of lumber yards around but all of them sell rough cut lumber and I dont have a planer.

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,804
    I'm sure you can order them through Lowes

Murfreesboro here...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • cool thanks