Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Mixed Messaging on Cook Times for a BIG Prime Rib

I have a 19 pound bone-in prime rib roast in the fridge for Santa's big day and have been researching cooking times for the "low and slow" method.  

At 250 degrees, some posts say 25 mins. per pound (as an estimate) and others says that the size of the roast doesn't really matter as long as it is the same thickness.  Put another way, at 4 inches thick, the roast should cook for about the same time if is 8 inches long, 10 inches, or 18 inches.

I have a lot riding on this roast and wanted to get some feed back from my fellow Eggheads.  I know which direction I am leaning, but was hoping for a quick sanity check.

Thanks Brothers (and Sisters?) and have safe and Happy Holidays!

Comments