Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Mixed Messaging on Cook Times for a BIG Prime Rib

I have a 19 pound bone-in prime rib roast in the fridge for Santa's big day and have been researching cooking times for the "low and slow" method.  

At 250 degrees, some posts say 25 mins. per pound (as an estimate) and others says that the size of the roast doesn't really matter as long as it is the same thickness.  Put another way, at 4 inches thick, the roast should cook for about the same time if is 8 inches long, 10 inches, or 18 inches.

I have a lot riding on this roast and wanted to get some feed back from my fellow Eggheads.  I know which direction I am leaning, but was hoping for a quick sanity check.

Thanks Brothers (and Sisters?) and have safe and Happy Holidays!

Comments