Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

mixing it up at Christmas

My wife and I gave each other a kitchenaid mixer early this year. Any tips on hooking pizza dough? My desire to get into baking breads may necessitate another egg..

Doing a deep dish tonight...
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• Congrats on getting into the construction business - adding a cement mixer is the first step. Great machine.

I think the lesson I've learned is you cannot over knead. I've had dough pull away from the sides of the bowl and usually take it out to rise. I've left it in for 10-15 minutes and it actually seems to get sloppier. Rises better and is easier to work and shape after the rise. 

On the Emeril recipe, use the K paddle to mix first, then the hook, always great dough from the KA monster.

Enjoy, and Merry Christmas to you and your Lady. 
    Delta B.C. - Move over coffee, this is job for alcohol!