Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

now this is smoking!!!!

fletcherfamfletcherfam Posts: 842
edited December 2012 in EggHead Forum
Received my pellet smoker Friday for some cold smoking. Decided to smoke the following : 8 lbs of Tillamook cheddar cheese cut into 1\2 pound chunks, decided to throw on some cheese sticks and some butter. The butter I pulled after 1 hour, still solid as a rock, not melted at all. The. These I pulled at 2 hours. Now for the hard part and resting it for 2 weeks. Next I am going to try smoking some almonds amend some cream cheese. Do t have a temperature in the egg but figures since the butter didn't melt it was probably around 50 degrees in there if that.

The cold smoker was called the amaze-n cold smoke generator to use.

Buckboard bacon is in for the cure and will cold smoke that in a week form Monday

Clarify this was done in the egg.
photo-3.JPG
640 x 480 - 105K
photo-2.JPG
640 x 480 - 87K
photo.JPG
640 x 480 - 92K

Comments