Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

spatchcock salad

Cooking a chicken just for chicken salad. Dizzy on half and swamp venom on the other. Heavy hickory smoke. Simple salad recipe but everyone loves it. I took the skin off this cook. Thought I might be losing some taste when mbh takes the skin off. We'll see....or taste.

The toothpick is the venom side.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 18,030
    Looks good
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 4,419
    Looks great!  Love the smoke in the pix.  I swear, I can just stand there and stare at the smoke coming out of my BGE for hours.  It's a wonderful, relaxing sight. 
  • rholtrholt Posts: 380
    So could you tell a difference in moisture or flavor with the skin off the birds? I am thinking about doing all my chickens without the skin but wanted to let someone else be the guinea pig.
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,623
    @rholt...have not tried it yet but will follow up.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • rholtrholt Posts: 380
    That would be great. Keep me posted.