Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Interesting find for small eggs(possibly)

Options
Eggcelsior
Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
edited December 2012 in Off Topic
So, after reading the "Question about the ceramics?" post from earlier, I did some interwebs sleuthing of other "high-end" Kamado brand's websites to see their user interfacing and forum quality.

Lo and behold!!!! Small eggers rejoice!!!(Maybe)

On the Grill Dome forum, posted 11/28/12, "The Big O"(Franco's doppleganger) posted that a prototype was now available for the small grill dome....

Since said dome is a paltry 12.5", compared to the grandiose dimensions of the small egg(13"), I suppose it should fit both.
(Say the above like this guy would):image

Forgive me if all this has already been mentioned. I seem to remember that people were requesting Franco to develop a swing grate for the small(and medium) egg sizes on a quite infamous thread from this summer. It would appear that that this will be the one to work with both brand's grills. Perhaps you small eggers should beat down Franco's door and ask why we eggers are being treated as second-class citizens! The horror! 

(Or just ask when it will be available to all kamado cults out there. We may speak in different tongues, but we pray to the same round idol.)

OOPS!!!!!!! I meant this one:

Well, I'm probably going to Hell for that. It was fun!