Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chickens and Ribs

I've been a bit busy lately, so that's what is keeping me from the forum.  But I promise you the BGE has been getting plenty of use.  :)  Here are some chickens from last week...this gave my wife and I a great dinner and plenty of lunches throughout the week. 

The one on the left was seasoned above and below the skin with Pesto and S&P.  The one on the right was seasoned with DP Whirly Bird. 

No smoke was used.  We were just looking for a nice rotisserie-style of flavor.

They were goooood!  ;)

Then on Saturday, my brother in law and his wife came over for dinner.  My wife and I were already planning to smoke up a rack of Baby Backs using Charles Vergo's Rendezvous Memphis Dry Rub.  So all we had to do was throw on another rack of ribs.  My brother in law has been known to eat 2 entire racks of ribs in one sitting, so we had to be prepared.  ;)  lol  So the second rack was seasoned with DP Down and Dizzy, and basted with some tomato-based sauce toward the end.  For those of you interested, here is the post from when I made the Charles Vergo's Rendezvous Ribs the first time....  Those were made more authentic to Vergo's method.  This time, I smoked them indirect with Apple Wood.

The ones on the right are the Dry Ribs and the ones on the left are the Tomato-Based Ribs.

Didn't have any complaints, so I guess everything was a winner.  :) 

Comments