Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

JERKY BABY!!

Omg did very first bach of jerky today and turned out FANTASTIC!! Soaked overnight with a mixture of wisthishire and 1 drop of satans blood!! Just the right amount of spice and tenderness!! I only had cherry wood around the house so threw bunch in. Used cyber Q with probe attanched to top grade with temp set to 175. Smoked for approx 4 hours. I had planned on 5 but never done so checked at 4 hrs. Perfect to my liking!! Not to soft and yet not to dry. I used top round of recommendation of forum member.
Below is a pic of the meat layered out. I have more to do but we are having Skillet pizza tonight on egg so about to crank heat up. Oh side note----my wife does not even like jerky and she has eaten 4 pieces :-)
image.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 2M

Comments