Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First attempt at Pig Shots

Options
kbutler84
kbutler84 Posts: 140
edited December 2012 in EggHead Forum
Tried out some pig shots tonight. Came out excellent, although next time I'll use a little more rub. Definitely will do again.

Wrapped sausage, sprinkled Dizzy Dust. Topped with cream cheese and then added a bit more DD and some Turbinado sugar.

Comments

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Those look tasty! Nice job.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • SmokinDAWG82
    Options
    Look good, gotta try these
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options

I did these a few months ago and out some Hatch Chile's in the Cream Cheese as well. Took them to a party with some ABT's as well, it was funny they disappeared with in minutes while everyone elses store bought trays of ham rolls and olives collected fruit flies.

Will do these again.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Skiddymarker
    Options
    Nice cook, What sausage did you use?

A few weeks ago i made some up with a mild Italian (Costco) and Feta cheese. Went over very well. SWMBO used all the cream cheese to make dessert, which was really good - two home runs with the same meal. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • kbutler84
    Options

A few weeks ago i made some up with a mild Italian (Costco) and Feta cheese. Went over very well. SWMBO used all the cream cheese to make dessert, which was really good - two home runs with the same meal. 
    I used venison sausage (it's mixed with a little pork)
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited December 2012
    Options
    kbutler84 said:

I used venison sausage (it's mixed with a little pork)
    Thanks, sounds really good. My nephew is an avid bow hunter, his venison/pork sausage is fantastic. Unfortunately, it might be a little hard for me to get at my local Safeway.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!