Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Today's agenda! (Pics)

Like a couple others have posted i did the Triple D pork butt where you inject it with Italion dressing, also did the turbinado rub. Then I put the butt on this a.m. at 8:15. Dome temp was around 290 but I dropped vents back to get it honed in for 275. Went to town to help move my Grandmother out of her apartment. 6 hrs. Later I came home and whipped up some Kansas City style BBQ sauce from a food network magazine. Butt finished up at 5:15 (190). 1 hr FTC. 10 hr cook total. It's great to be able to leave the house and let your egg do all the work. By the way. It tasted great. Super happy with how it went. Pics are not great though. Sorry!
image.jpg 1.4M
image.jpg 1.5M
image.jpg 1.4M
image.jpg 1.3M
·

Comments

• EllisEllis Posts: 192

Deviledegger nice pics. Here is a pic you may like. The original Deviledegg.

8-|

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,013
    Ellis said:

8-|
    What kind-o-satanic thermometer goes up to 1000 F?  Are you cremating the bodies of small defenseless animals?! 
    >:)

·
  • EllisEllis Posts: 192
    I remember one time early on I went out to check on the fire and the thermomter was at 1000 I thought the fire was out. :))

·
  • Ellis said:

8-|
    What kind-o-satanic thermometer goes up to 1000 F?  Are you cremating the bodies of small defenseless animals?! 
    >:)
    It is a devil egg, 1000 is just getting started. when you are on the inside the numbers on the therm go full scale, maxes out at "Hot as Hell". 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·