Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

14 In Deep Dish for today's lunch

Doing one for lunch...whats the approx temp/cook time needed?  Do I do the crust a little before adding the toppings or all at once??

I assume I should use the placesetter correct?
·

Comments

• allsidallsid Posts: 399
    I have only done one.  I budgeted for 35 min on others suggestions, but it took almost a full hour @ 400.  I Put all the ingredients including crust in raw in a CI skillet.  Be careful, if you nail it you wont be able to stop thinking about making another.  Good luck-
    ·
  • +1 on the 400, indirect. Most deep dish pizza recipes call for 450-475, 35-45 minutes. I've found in the egg my crust will sometimes get a bit too crispy at the higher temps. 
    Also, if you are using canned tomatoes, make sure they are well drained, otherwise you might have soup in a crust - still very good, but still soup in a crust...
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·