Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First spatch chicken

Options
all I can say is wow, imagehands down the best chicken I have ever eaten, brined for 36 hrs, cooked for an hour I have another one in the brine, cant wait to cook it, the only thing I would do different is to put the lid down when turning around to yell at the dogs while taking the bird off of the BGE, the juice from the thermo hole caught fire, burned the bottom of the bird, It may have been a ploy, the dogs got the burnt meat.

not sure if I attached the picture properly??
Barbecue may not be what brings world peace, but it has to be a good place to start -Anthony Bourdain 

Comments

• Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    Spatchcock chicken is our favorite way to prepare it. I don't brine mine and cook it indirect on a raised grid at 350 for an hour or so.  Next time I'm  going to try doing it without the raised grid.  Your  picture didn't show up, but I'm sure it shows a well cooked meal.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • duck_hunter
    Options
    I went 375 direct for an hour, did direct because I was playing with a duck based appetizer on the side that needed to be cooked direct, and except for the fire at the end direct worked great, the neighbor was complaining that the smell of the chicken grilling last night made his left over turkey hard to stomach :)
    Barbecue may not be what brings world peace, but it has to be a good place to start -Anthony Bourdain