Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Grey Cup Wings

Now I'm not normally a fan of 3 down football, but being in Canada on the 100th Grey Cup (CFL Superbowl for those who may not know) I figured I'd pass on the normal ordering of wings and make my own. I used, slightly modified to reduce the salt, the wing recipe on Dizzy Pig's website. These we so unbelievably crispy for a baked wing. The breading was: 1 cup AP flour 1 cup cornmeal 2 tbs Dizzy Dust 1 tbs salt After sitting in the fridge uncovered most of the day, I gave them a quick egg wash and coated very lightly. Put them back in the fridge for another hour to help the breading set. Stabilized the fire at 250°, direct, raised grill for an hour and a half, flipping every 25-30, and rotating the grid 90° every 15 or so. I cannot recommend these enough. Next time I'd throw some cayenne or something similar into the breading to add a bit of heat. I ate them dry, dipping in some blue cheese, but these would also be fantastic tossed in your favourite sauce.
image.jpg
2592 x 1936 - 2M
image.jpg
2592 x 1936 - 2M
image.jpg
2592 x 1936 - 2M
image.jpg
2592 x 1936 - 2M
image.jpg
2592 x 1936 - 2M
LBGE + others I hope - Sudbury, Ontario

Comments

• RACRAC Posts: 931
    Those look great. We use this recipe alot. Next time try it using DP Swamp Venom. That will give it a little heat. 

Ricky

Spring, TX

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 4,843
    edited November 2012
    AAAAAAAARRRGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSS!

Great looking wings.

3 downs, 4 in motion before the snap, 12 men on the field, full 1 yard neutral zone, no wussy fair catch, 20 yard end zones, 50 ft between hash marks to name a few..... gotta love the CFL. Grey cup is the second oldest trophy for pros in North America. (oldest is another Canuck bowl, the Stanley Cup - but they ain't playing this year)
    Delta B.C., Canuckistan - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter.