Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

thermapen/marines

Options
http://www.thermoworks.com/products/thermapen/splashproof_thermapen_limited_edition.html?whence=

Just ordered my Christmas present. A new "desert storm" thermapen. $9 from each order goes to the Semper Fi fund. Shipping is $6. Had one on Amazon but....gotta help our troops.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options

Asked for and got the same model last year for Xmas-believe it was the same contribution.  Great gesture.  BTW-it's the fastest thermopen out there

:)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    edited November 2012
    Options

I am a surgeon in the army, deployed at this time, and want to know why is it going to ONLY semperfI?

The rest are chopped liver?

Why not "feel" like others who have commented there, be it union jack or maple leaf or in this case the stars and stripes?

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    @Aviator-thank you for your service-I suspect there are a lot of factors that contribute to the corporate decisions-try to look on the plus side for the military.  And yes I did spend time in the USN (27+ years) - and no issues with this program or any others that support the armed forces, regardless of the uniform.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Aviator...I respect and appreciate every persons service. I simply bought the pen through the company due to the fact that some of the money went to help the troops. Being in middle TN, close to Ft Campbell, we have adopted and served many service personnel and their families. Best wishes. Btw...I was born at Ft Campbell. Army brat.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    @Aviator - read your posts when you were just shipping out, do not try and determine why a Company does what it does. Thanks for your dedication, honour (honor for our American cousins) and bravery. As a proud wearer of the Maple Leaf, we are gald to be on the same side with the same values. Great job, stay safe. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!