Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Do you get questioned about the required supervision of the T'Day bird-Happy Thanksgiving!

Options
Okay- shortly into the "mandatory supervisory role" of the turkey, SWMBO asks "How much attention does it need?"  My reply-"As much as it takes".  So much for the escape clause-have a Great Thanksgiving!!
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Options
    Similar to my response to SWMBO, who said "When will the ham be ready?".  My answer was "when it's ready".  I speak with a higher voice now.   :((

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I try to keep my balls out of the vice during cooking "events" like this.   Impossible.   Thinking about joining the Vienna boys choir.  Except I can't sing.
    Serve appetizers to keep their minds off the main event!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Or get 'em drunk.  (but then you gotta deal with that).  Oh, there's no winning here.
    I've been making Mimosa's for the past 3 hours
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • travisstrick
    Options
    Or get 'em drunk.  (but then you gotta deal with that).  Oh, there's no winning here.
    I'm the only one who thinks its appropriate to drink at 0900. So, they have to deal with me, drunk. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • scooter759
    Options
    We are going to the neighbors this year. This is the first time in 30 years that I'm not doing the main event (WestPac deployments aside). Therefore the turkey and ham will not be grilled, smoked, or deep fried. Heavy sigh. Thank goodness for football and bourbon. Hopefully that combo will keep me and my mouth out of trouble.
    Extra Large, 2 Large, Medium, Mini Max, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    Options
    We are going to the neighbors this year. This is the first time in 30 years that I'm not doing the main event (WestPac deployments aside). Therefore the turkey and ham will not be grilled, smoked, or deep fried. Heavy sigh. Thank goodness for football and bourbon. Hopefully that combo will keep me and my mouth out of trouble.
    I'm sure you will survive but with the 30 year history it may take an extra load of  bourbon and beyond.  Happy Thanksgiving!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    I'm the only one who thinks its appropriate to drink at 0900. So, they have to deal with me, drunk. 
    Why such a late start?? My first beer was at 6:30.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.