Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

I did my bird overnight and currently have 165 in both breast and legs.

Should I keep it on until legs reach 185 or just go ahead and remove it from egg?
RMFT LBGE
·

Comments

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,639

Me-I would remove it recognizing the bird temp will rise around 10*F or so while resting.  But I'm no eggspert here-My thoughts-waiting til 180+ in the thighs will dry out the breast meat too much.  But just an opinion and we all know what those are worth-regardless-Happy Thanksgiving!

Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • I think that sounds like good advice. I removed it. It looks beautiful.
    RMFT LBGE
    ·
  • DMurfDMurf Posts: 481
    Your could also remove the thighs and legs and put them back on the EGG to finish, while you foil the breast.
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
    ·