Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Baked Brie

My lovely daughter is coming home from college tomorrow and loves baked Brie. You know, the kind wrapped in the puff pastry. I know I have seen this done on the Egg but the only recipes I could find we're done on a plank which is probably not the flavor we were going for. Any suggestions?
Clarendon Hills, IL

Comments

• Beat an egg with a TBS water. Put some fig jam or fruit jam on top of the brie if you like. Wrap the brie in puff pastry dough and seal the seams with the egg wash. 400* indirect till the pastry is golden brown.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Thanks Steven. Do you bake right on grid? Further searching, I saw some recipes that used the baking stone.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,454
    Never done it but I think any stone ware indirect would work, ie pizza stones, corningware, or something along those lines may want to put some parchment paper down to help transportation/sticking when done.
  • As long as you have an indirect piece below you will be OK

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Thanks everyone!
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • I hope you'll post some pictures and results, it sounds like a great appetizer!

LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,482
    I have made this one and imagine it would be hard to beat.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE