Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Athenian Shrimp and Orzo (lots of pix)

Options

I stared at the cover of the Big Green Egg Life Style magazine for too long.  There is a pic of Shrimp and Orzo that gave me a craving.  But there was no recipe, so I had to wing it. 

This is not all of the ingredients, but a few to give you an idea of what was all in it.

Gave the shrimp a marinade of EVOO, Salt, Pepper, Lemon Juice and White Wine Vinegar...

Tossed some Cherry Tomatoes, Garlic, a little more S&P, EVOO, Lemon Juice, White Wine Vinegar, Fresh Oregano and Fresh Dill on top before cooking it up on the BGE.

Cooked it up in the Wok at around 350 deg f at first, but then bumped it up to about 450-500 deg f to finish...

I also boiled up some Orzo before wokking this up.  After the Orzo was finished, I drained it and tossed that with some EVOO, S&P, and Lemon Juice.  Once that cooled down, I tossed it with some Kalamata Olives, Capers, Diced Cucumbers, Feta Cheese, Oregano and Dill.  Then poured the Shrimp and Tomato mixture over that and garnished it with some more Oregano and Dill.

So good!  Thanks to the Big Green Egg Life Style magazine for the inspiration!  ;)

Comments