Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Failed dry aged ribeye

My first mistake was to dry age individual rib eyes. They dried out to beef jerky consistancy in 35 days. Second mistake I cooked on cast iron skillet inside.  I added water to moisurize steak, which cause a huge amount of steam.   My wife could kill me.  She opened all the doors to get the smoke out of the house even when it is 52 degrees outside.  I like proscuitto   but my wife was grossed out for 35 day old beef that was sitting in Her fridge.

My dog says thank you for such good beef...

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,382
    @gumbo_bill - consider dry bags - you can do individual steaks.  Your limiting factor doing individual steaks will be moisture loss. 

http://www.drybagsteak.com/