Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Frozen Pizza

Options
I know, but one of my co-workers was doing the school sale thing and in the past I've bought the spices and pizza cutter so this time I actually bought the Little Ceasars pizza kit.  Has anyone done the frozen thing on their egg? 

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

Comments

• Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options

Funny you should mention that.  About a month ago I had two leftover pizzas I baked on the egg, too much to eat over the next day or two so I wrapped one in plastic wrap (whole, unsliced) then in foil & popped it in the freezer thinking there would be a night when it would be perfect.  Last night was that night, popped it on a screen & into the oven for about 10 minutes at 350 & it tasted pretty much like it just came off the egg.  It was an inadvertent experiment but got me to thinking I'd do it again intentionally, why not make an extra pie when you've got the whole machine in motion for a night when you don't have any time...  you really kill two birds with one stone, the convenience of a frozen pie with the quality of a pie you made youself. 

Now, hopefully someone will answer the question you actually asked

happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania