Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Salmon, Skin and kale

miscjamesmiscjames Posts: 78
edited November 2012 in EggHead Forum
The salmon was soaked in lemon juice and old bay for 15 mins then bloated dry. Then I let it sit a mixture of maple syrup, agave sweeter, salt, and pepper for 4 hours in the frig. Rinsed it off then cooked at ~ 375 for 20 mins. 

Decided to keep the skin and try to make chips out of it. Coated the skin with EVOO, pepper and some soul seasoning and I put it in the fridge for 4 hours. 10 mins a side at ~375. It came out ok but next time I will just season it right before I put it on the grill... it was a little to salty for me. 

We had some kale in the fridge so my wife dried the leafs and coated with EVOO and salt and pepper. Then I tossed it on the egg ~400 indirect till it was crisp.