Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

This Weekend in Food

Its been a while since I've posted. I wish I could say I was on a sabbatical, but I'll reserve the tall tales for when they are absolutely necessary. In any event ... I cooked some thick center cut chops on Friday night for the misses. TRex method with maple wood and a spicy rub to offset the sweetness. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos On Saturday night, I cooked some really solid chicken quarters. I swear I took pictures, but alas . . . So, take a look at these mammoth pancakes that I cooked Saturday am instead. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos On Sunday, I took my first stab at burnt ends. I used two brisket points cubed, seasoned heavily, and smoked in the skillet for a couple hours. Then I sauced and smoked for 15 more minutes. It was some of the best BBQ I have ever had. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Thanks for looking.
Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown.

Birmingham, AL

Comments