Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Canadian Bacon

Options
After seeing some of the Canadian Bacon posts recently, I decided it was time I made some more.  I used the basic Buckboard Bacon cure and rubbed up three nice loins last weekend.  Pulled them out of the fridge and soaked in water for about 1 1/2 hours and then let them air dry. I put them on the Large BGE Indirect with the Guru set at 200 and raised the temp to 225 after the first hour. I pulled them when internal temp was 150 and the whole cook took about 2 hours or so.  These were my best attempt at Canadian Bacon so far and I will have lots to last me the winter.  Here are some pics:

Loins after soaking and laid out to air dry

On to the Egg

Done and Resting

Sliced up and ready to packimage

All packed for the freezer

Very easy to do and tastes much better than anything you buy in the store.
Clarendon Hills, IL

Comments

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Nice marbling, looks good!