Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Beef Kabobs

BuckeyeBobBuckeyeBob Posts: 669
edited November 2012 in EggHead Forum
In looking for something to cook, I decided to go to the Big Green Egg Cookbook.  I went with the Beef Kabobs with Chimichurri Sauce.  This ended up being a great recipe primarily because of the sauce.  We love Chimichurri sauce and have tried many different recipes and this is by far the best one we have had to date.  Here are some pics:

Chimichurri Sauce which was Parsley, Fresh Oregano, Olive Oil, Lime Juice, Jalapenos, salt, and pepper

Meat marinating  Was in the fridge for about 6 hours.

On the Egg Direct at 450 for about 10 minutes turning frequently

All cooked and resting

Plated with some coconut rice and broccoli (Sorry for all the green!)

Not thrilled with the quality of my pics but I think it tells the story.  This is a great recipe and I highly recommend.
Clarendon Hills, IL

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 22,726
    I make chimichurri sauce frequently - it's great on kabobs, skirt, flank, and best of all, hanger steak.