Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thermoworks

Options

Comments

• Optiontrader
    Options
    Yes, this is the one I have.  Very good quality.  Highly recommend.  I have the High Temp probes.
    Brighton, IL (North East of St. Louis, MO)
  • bettysnephew
    Options
    If you choose to purchase, definitely go with one of the kits,as it saves you a fair amount of money.  The high temp meat probe armor makes a small opening in your gasket as it is fairly substantial but I took a razor knife and cut small grooves in the gasket to allow pass through.  The channel is small enough that the coals still extinguish when the vents are closed.  Thermoworks is also having a 20% off sale right now on replacement/extra probes.  I use my unit with some lengths of thermocouple extension wire I salvaged off a retired machine at work and set the handheld unit inside my porch where I can hear the alarm.  As there is only one channel with an alarm, for low and slows, I have set it up for the overnight portion monitoring grid temp in case the coals need a stir, then in the morning, I exchange the probes in the sockets and reset the alarm for the meat target temp to prevent overcooking.  For this type of duty, you will have to disable the time out feature on the monitor.  The unit is industrial grade and should last pretty much forever.  If it must be outside during a cook I would place it in a ziplock bag in case of rain.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa