Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Dizzy Pig - Pork Butt

So I've always done my Pork Butts with Butt Rubb.  This week I finally got some DP rubs.  I got Red Eye Express, Tsunami Spin, Swamp Venom, and Dizzy Dust. 

I'm doing a couple pork butts this weekend, which DP's should I try?
·

Comments

• jrog74jrog74 Posts: 29
    I did one last weekend with Swamp Venom and it was great. 
    ·
  • GramblerGrambler Posts: 142
    I like dizzy pig coarse rub myself, but I've also tried the Red Eye and enjoyed it very much.
    ·
  • My choice would be SV

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • personally i love dizzy dust....by far my favorite for pork butt
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,386
    My habitual basic rub is a 50/50 mix of DD & SV. That mix has just the right mix of sweet and hot that i like. If you like hot, SV can give a good kick by itself. Not incendiary, but a good sting.

I have tried RE on pork ribs. Usually I use it on beef ribs. I thought the flavor was rather exotic, not much like any flavor I usually associate w. pork.

I've used TS on pork except chops and loin medallion. It was good, but I tend to use it more now w. seafood/shrimp refried rice or lo mein.
    ·