Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Who has done this, Be Honest.

So last night I have 2 steaks goning on the egg, and fired up the gasser for some of that great roasted couliflower. Go to check on the cauliflower and I burp the gasser.

·

Comments

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,982

Not here. No longer have a gasser. you maybe in the minority here still having one. I did, however, forget to burp the Egg tonight. That's ok, didn't need that arm or knuckle hair anyway.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,785
    What's a gasser???
    Packerland, Wisconsin

·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,449
    edited October 2012
    Never owned a gasser in my whole life.  Did do the Webber thing.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,277
    I'm more willing to forgive the gasser than I am cauliflower.   >:P

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • Threw my gasser away about a month after having the egg

XLBGE 
    ·
  • I like cauliflower, but they don't like me.  I promised Wilma I wouldn't eat it anymore as I pollute the local atmosphere pretty good when I do.  :-&

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 851
    You should be proud of yourself, henapple.
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,588
    I try...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • I've done that...then laughed at myself.
    ·
  • I've done that on my parents' gasser.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468

All that is left of the gasser:

Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • can't burp what you don't have..................

·
  • My gasser serves one purpose...I use the side burner to light a chimney for the Egg. It actually comes in handy...
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,588
    I've only had my egg about 3 months. Went to my grill shop to get parts for my gas grill. He had the egg on sale so I gave myself an anniversary present. I'll keep my gasser. PGS, 16 years old and looks new...it should last 16 more. Especially since I don't use it.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,003
    Haven't used the gasser since I got my first egg.  Took it off the deck when I brought home the 2nd egg.  Sitting in the garage covered and lonely.  Will sell in the spring.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,145
    edited October 2012
    Yes, I have burped my gasser. Good habit. 
    Bought my egg to replace the aging Weber, but kept the 10 year old Broil King. It is a great warming oven, or as some here have noted, while the egg is doing the meat entree the gasser is on tater and veggie duty. The side burner is a dream to saute and stir fry on. If it is not helping with a cook, it is the storage unit for (hot or cold) plate setter, extra grids etc...
    I love my egg, but the gasser still has a place in the "cook house".  
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • Actually still have mine and occasionally use. With kid's practices and activities, don't always have time to fire up the Egg. And yes, I do "burp" it when I open the lid. Just habit I guess.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
    ·
  • EllisEllis Posts: 193
    90 % of the time it a storage unit

·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,520
    I use my Egg most of the time. 

Still have my gasser on the patio and use it.   I love brats, especially during football season.  So I use it mostly for beer brats.  
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
    ·
  • I still have a gasser.  It's 3 years old and never been used!   But for an outdoor kitchen it is not complete without one.
    ·
  • My JennAir is an excellent compliment to my egg. I wouldn't want to be without it. However, I can't recall ever burping the JA. When I do, I'm sure I'll get a chuckle
    ·
  • EggerinLAEggerinLA Posts: 186
    I'm not a snob (Eggers have this reputation). I still use my Weber gasser and Weber kettle. Love them like I love my 2 Eggs.
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352
    My gasser serves one purpose...I use the side burner to light a chimney for the Egg. It actually comes in handy...
    I hope you don't have a wood deck. I did

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·