Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Walkerswood Jerk marinade - I get it now

I've made my own jerk marinade for years now and it is a family favorite.

I've heard enough people mention Walkerswood jerk marinade on here and other bbq forums that it seemed like a standard among the grilling crowd.   Any time that jerk chicken came up, someone always praised Walkerswood.  I thought it would be good to try it but didn't want to go through ordering it online.

This weekend I was in Kroger's and saw it on the shelf for $6.99.  I bought it and used it tonight on plain ol' chicken breasts (5 hour marinade).

Grilled them 5 minutes a side at 400f (they were pounded thin) on my large Egg and made jerk chicken sandwiches with them.  Served them with some sweet potato fries and a jerk mayo made with mayo, DP Firewalk, and lime juice. 

I totally get it now.  Wow that is some good stuff, the whole family raved about it.  It has a flavor and heat that defines jerk.  I was very impressed and can't wait to try it on some wings. 

I should have listened to you guys/gals earlier. 

Comments