Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Best tool ever!

Made this out of a Philips and an Allen wrench a long time ago and use it all the time to poke through the grate on my low and slows and when I can't get up to temp on my pizza cooks! Figured it deserved some credit for all the hard work! Anybody else have some makeshift handy tools they want to share!
image.jpg
1536 x 2048 - 880K
LBGE
Zionsville, IN
·

Comments

• KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    Is that jb weld?
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
    ·
  • EggucatorEggucator Posts: 184
    Duct tape that has formed some kind of super hard bond from the heat. I made it in desperation one night and it has held up fine ever since. I thought about welding once it failed but it keeps running strong!
    LBGE
    Zionsville, IN
    ·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,397
    That is red neck cool!!!  ^:)^

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • SundownSundown Posts: 2,876
    Go take a look at thirdeye's site and scroll down till you see the "wiggle stick".

Had one for years. And, on your way down you'll see another interesting tool. Stop and take a look. had one of those for several years too.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,646
    Desperation leads to innovation. I took a metal skewere and bent it. Been working for 2 years, 'cept when I lose it and have to spend 5 seconds bending a new one. :D

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,443
    I used those till I changed to High Ques. No need after the change.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,370
    I used some SS tubing and bent a wiggle rod, with a custom electrical tape handle. 

I have upgraded to High Que grates as well so it is not as necessary, but I still use it from time to make sure I have a nice clean passage to the fire.  It's also handy because it fits through the grill grates.  If you are grilling and have a hot spot, you can move lump around without removing the grid.  Another handy feature is I can add chips during a cook and then use this to nudge them towards the fire :)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg wing. 
    2014 Wing King's Apprentice
    ·