Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Octoberfest Brats in Pretzel rolls

Since it is the last weekend in October we decided to do little celebrating Octoberfest style.  I think Oktoberfest is actually over in Germany, but oh well.  

Used this recipe to make pretzel roll buns. 

Grilled up some brats and some onions with a little butter n beer (the onions are hidden under the brats). 

Then made up a beer cheese and mustard for topping.  I looked up a few recipes and just winged it.  A little beer, dijon and spicy brown mustard, a little butter, garlic salt and pepper. 

Served with a side of German potato salad (cold...don't think that is traditional).
Eeetz goot ya.  

Lots of beer to accompany this of course.  Not German beers, the missus and I have been on an IPA kick lately and we tried a few different ones.  I think this was my favorite:

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg wing. 
2014 Wing King's Apprentice

Comments