Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My gasket

Had my large 3 weeks to the day and I am already replacing the gasket. Very pleased with BGE customer service. Called yesterday told them I fried my gasket and when I get home from work I have a new high temp. Gasket sitting by my front door. Can't ask for anything better than that!
Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
image.jpg 236.1K
·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,435
    I guess I'm doing mine this weekend...easy?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    Yes it wasn't bad at all. Hardest part was getting all the old glue residue off but, I used some acetone on a rag and it helped a lot. Gotta wait 24 hours to cook on it again.....can't wait the anticipation is killing me!
    ·
    Yeah...I might have to wait. Not sure I can survive all weekend without the egg.
    ·
    Also, did you use the spray adhesive?
    ·
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    No , I just stuck the gasket on. I have watched videos on YouTube with guys doing it either way. I just hope that mine is going to stay on.
    ·