Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My gasket

Had my large 3 weeks to the day and I am already replacing the gasket. Very pleased with BGE customer service. Called yesterday told them I fried my gasket and when I get home from work I have a new high temp. Gasket sitting by my front door. Can't ask for anything better than that!
Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
image.jpg 236.1K
·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,596
    I guess I'm doing mine this weekend...easy?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    Yes it wasn't bad at all. Hardest part was getting all the old glue residue off but, I used some acetone on a rag and it helped a lot. Gotta wait 24 hours to cook on it again.....can't wait the anticipation is killing me!
    ·
    Yeah...I might have to wait. Not sure I can survive all weekend without the egg.
    ·
    Also, did you use the spray adhesive?
    ·
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    No , I just stuck the gasket on. I have watched videos on YouTube with guys doing it either way. I just hope that mine is going to stay on.
    ·