Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Sugesstions??

I've got a 4 pound boneless pork sirloin roast and not sure how to prepare. Any sugesstions?
·

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,938
    This looks pretty good:

http://www.mygourmetconnection.com/recipes/main-courses/pork/garlic-herb-crusted-boneless-pork-sirloin-roast.php

Except I'd ignore the part about warming it up first and I'd cook at 275-300 F dome until 140F internal.

·
  • That looks Piglicious!  :@)

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 851
    This recipe is unbelievably good. Cook the pork at 275 with placesetter until the meat registers 140 degrees, about three hours. I use maple for smoke. This rub is for a 2-pound loin. Double for 4 pounds. 

INGREDIENTS

• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
    • 1 teaspoon yellow prepared mustard
    • 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
    • 1-1/2 teaspoons dried cumin
    • 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
    • 1 teaspoon black pepper
    • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
    • 1 teaspoon onion powder
    • 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
    • 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
    • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme

• Place the brown sugar and mustard in a small bowl. Combine with the back of a spoon. Add the remaining dry ingredients and combine well. Pat off excess moisture from the pork with a paper towel. Rub the dry ingredients all over the surface. (The brown sugar with clump at first, but will eventually spread as the pork sets.) Place in a baking dish and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Check occasionally to spread the rub more evenly. 

Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
    ·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,342
    Great suggestions already. I love this cut cooked direct. 275 is a good temp, and just rotate it as it browns until browned all over. I like to pull at 135 in the coldest spot when going direct since the outside layers of the roast are much hotter. It will rise over 140 during the rest.

Just another idea to chew on!
    Have fun
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • BudgeezerBudgeezer Posts: 523
    edited October 2012

I did one last week. Rub dome temp 350 until IT of 140.

I did it indirect with apple and cherry wood.

Edina, MN

·
  • Thanks for all the suggestions.

jlsm, I used the rub you suggested and you were right, it is very good. I will use that one again. Thanks.

·
  • billyraybillyray Posts: 1,122

Here's another thing to try next time, it's griff's site.

http://griffinsgrub.wordpress.com/2012/05/03/stuffed-pork-loin/

Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
    ·
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 851

jlsm, I used the rub you suggested and you were right, it is very good. I will use that one again. Thanks.

Glad you liked it. I mix up a triple batch without the mustard to have it on hand. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
    ·
  • Just tried this today indirect with pecan.  Rub recipe was excellent and meat turned out moist and juicy.  I have sliced the leftover meat thin and washed in the juices for sandwiches this week!  
    ·