Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Woo 3 Grid for Large BGE

Options
estremler
estremler Posts: 2
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum

Does anyone have a raised grid for the BGE.. I saw the product which is the

Large Woo 3 for this purpose.. Does anyone have this? are there other products

out there that do the same thing?I would like to raise the grid to the felt line

for direct heat, primarly for paella dishes..

Thanks,,, Eddie

Comments

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Maybe an easier question is who doesn't have any products from ceramicgrillstore.com?  They're very popular on this Forum.  Me?  Wilma has told me to stop buying Egg stuff until after Christmas.  Mostly I listen, but I just equipped my Eggs with High Que charcoal grates.  If I don't get them for Christmas, I will have an Adjustable Rig for my large and a Woo Ring for my small in January.
    Flint, Michigan
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    Lets see, I have Woo's for my large, small and mini.  An oval AR with sliding grids, several stones, a spider, wok and drip pans all from Ceramic Grill Store.  Tom makes great products and for some reason they keep finding their way to my house.  You can't go wrong with any of them.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited October 2012
    Options
    BOWHUNR said:
    Lets see, I have Woo's for my large, small and mini.  An oval AR with sliding grids, several stones, a spider, wok and drip pans all from Ceramic Grill Store.  Tom makes great products and for some reason they keep finding their way to my house.  You can't go wrong with any of them.

Mike

Hi Mike!

Do you use your Woo for your large since you also have an AR?  Just curious about whether thats a waste of money.

Flint, Michigan
  • estremler
    Options
    Thank you all, i am getting the large woo 3:)
  • Cullum
    Cullum Posts: 215
    Options
    I have it and love it. I use it to raise the grid and to sear close to the coals.
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    BOWHUNR said:

Mike

Hi Mike!

Do you use your Woo for your large since you also have an AR?  Just curious about whether thats a waste of money.

Hi Fred,

Yes I find myself using the Woo about 99% of the time when I'm grilling and I need a raised grid.  The AR gets all of the work when I'm smoking.  I know technically you don't need both, I just find the Woo a little easier to deal with in grilling situations.  Besides that, they both look cool in my toy box!  :D

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE