Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Can't Wait!!

Options
13»

Comments

• jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    Options
    r270ba, lots of places on line to buy bulk spices and herbs, but they are TOO bulk for me. Check out Penzey's; you might even have an outlet near year. Superbly fresh and highest quality. I know a few folks even like their ready-made rubs.
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • Parallel
    Parallel Posts: 433
    edited October 2012
    Options
    For the VAST majority of my life I've been an avid do-it-yourselfer, so much so that I built my own cabinets and basically rebuilt the last two houses I've owned. I've been turning wrenched on my vehicles since I've had a vehicle. Mow my own lawn, wash my own cars, since our housekeeper retired we even clean our own house.

However, since we've adopted our now six year old boy, I've discovered that I would MUCH rather trade some $$ to have more time to do the things that allow me to spend more time with him and my wife. Don't get me wrong, I still believe in being ABLE to do-it-yourself, indeed I intend to spend some time figuring out some of this cooking stuff like spice rubs and such and adding that to the list of things I will teach my son how to do. However, now that I KNOW (or will know) how to do these things... I'll pick and choose which ones I actually do myself and when. That way, I optimize my knowledge + saving ÷ time = quality of life equation (AS you can see I'm no mathematician).  :))

So... my bottom line? I'm betting that buying these rubs will end up being one of those things that I'll sacrifice $$ for in order to have more time. That may or may not change over time...

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.