Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pulled Pork for party of ~ 31 people

RandallBRandallB Posts: 67
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum

Sorry for the redundant message, but I just couldn't find old related messages in the search.

I need to feed around 31 people for a party Saturday (bone in Boston Butts).   How much raw pounds?  Can someone quote the ratio again?  We should have plenty of "fixings" with pork sandwiches....deserts, beans, slaw, etc.

THANKS

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,817
    Feed 2.4 people with 1 Lb raw weight. Best to have more IMHO

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• r270bar270ba Posts: 763
    I just fixed aprox 25 lbs (4 x 6 lbs shoulders) of boneless shoulder for 32 and we had 2, 1 gallon bags half filled, left over.  I estimated 6 oz per person cooked and pulled and that is what they ate.  
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• Smokin_TroutSmokin_Trout Posts: 482
    edited October 2012
    Started with 30lbs of bone in. Fed about 60 people, had 6lbs leftover. This is the sauce we made for it http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1132841. I add about 1-2 cups of honey.