Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First Pork Butt

oksmokeroksmoker Posts: 2
edited October 2012 in Pork
Just got my bge two weeks ago.  Cooked two pork butts this weekend.  Put them on at 9:00 Friday night and pulled them at 3:00 on Saturday. 
photo.JPG 1.4M
·

Comments

• Congrats on the Egg.  How did they turn out?

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • Everyone that ate it said it was very good.  I think my wife likes the egg as much as I do.  I cooked some ribs and baked some beer bread tonight for dinner.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,218
    Congrats....looks good.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Welcome. Looks like a good cook. If you raise the drip pan off the plate setter you can keep the drippings from burning.