Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Mmmmm, Brisket . . .

newegg13newegg13 Posts: 231
edited October 2012 in Beef
Hey folks. It's been a while since I've posted - life (read "work") happens. Anyway, I decided to do another Travis style brisket and figured that some of you might like to come along for the ride. So here's the tale of the tape: 10.7 lb choice packer Onion and minced garlic  1/2 bottle Allegra Spicy and 1/2 bottle Allegra Hickory 1/2 Coke Classic and 1/2 Miller Lite (don't ask about me shattering my last Shiner Bock. No bueno) Dizzy pig coat, mustard coat, rest. 1/2 cow lick coat and 1/2 Mckormick's coat 1/2 and 1/2 hickory and mesquite chunks 290 dome Put it on at 11:30 pm. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown. Birmingham, AL
·

Comments

• newegg13newegg13 Posts: 231
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    ·
    Dang it - gotta love iPad formatting! Anyway, fingers crossed on a good result!
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,796
    Well.........?
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • What's with this "Travis Style Brisket".  The sergeant is from Florida, not Texas !!!  What would HE know about cooking briskets?  That's like a squirt from Cannukistan cooking Indian food.   X_X

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
    ·
  • Stick with the oysters, Batman.  =))

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
    Newegg was txting me at 11 last night so I know he put the dang thing on and now I want to know how it went. 

anyone who txts me at 2300hrs owes me pics. I never stay up that late. 
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,276
    What's with this "Travis Style Brisket".  The sergeant is from Florida, not Texas !!!  What would HE know about cooking briskets?  That's like a squirt from Cannukistan cooking Indian food.   X_X
    There is a reason they call it Canuckistan

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    edited October 2012
    We just got done eating. It went well. It wasn't quite as moist as I'd like, but still outstanding.
    ·
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    ·
  • r270bar270ba Posts: 763
    Man that looks good!
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

·