Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Mmmmm, Brisket . . .

newegg13newegg13 Posts: 231
edited October 2012 in Beef
Hey folks. It's been a while since I've posted - life (read "work") happens. Anyway, I decided to do another Travis style brisket and figured that some of you might like to come along for the ride. So here's the tale of the tape: 10.7 lb choice packer Onion and minced garlic  1/2 bottle Allegra Spicy and 1/2 bottle Allegra Hickory 1/2 Coke Classic and 1/2 Miller Lite (don't ask about me shattering my last Shiner Bock. No bueno) Dizzy pig coat, mustard coat, rest. 1/2 cow lick coat and 1/2 Mckormick's coat 1/2 and 1/2 hickory and mesquite chunks 290 dome Put it on at 11:30 pm. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown. Birmingham, AL
·

Comments

• newegg13newegg13 Posts: 231
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    ·
    Dang it - gotta love iPad formatting! Anyway, fingers crossed on a good result!
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,818
    Well.........?
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • What's with this "Travis Style Brisket".  The sergeant is from Florida, not Texas !!!  What would HE know about cooking briskets?  That's like a squirt from Cannukistan cooking Indian food.   X_X

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
    ·
  • Stick with the oysters, Batman.  =))

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
    Newegg was txting me at 11 last night so I know he put the dang thing on and now I want to know how it went. 

anyone who txts me at 2300hrs owes me pics. I never stay up that late. 
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,320
    What's with this "Travis Style Brisket".  The sergeant is from Florida, not Texas !!!  What would HE know about cooking briskets?  That's like a squirt from Cannukistan cooking Indian food.   X_X
    There is a reason they call it Canuckistan

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    edited October 2012
    We just got done eating. It went well. It wasn't quite as moist as I'd like, but still outstanding.
    ·
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    ·
  • r270bar270ba Posts: 763
    Man that looks good!
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

·