Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What a Ham!

gabrieggergabriegger Posts: 466
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Decided to smoke a fresh ham for the family get together.  Used Egret's Ham recipe adding the glaze from 40 Creek Double Smoked Ham.  Squeezed 22.73 pounds on the LBGE, smoked at 250 for 7 hours.  "Why a ham that size for ten eaters?" I asked the Gaber.  "Just in case someone wanted another slice!"
I love my Italian lady's perspective on portioning.  Supplied six other families with hunks of ham for the next 3 days!

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

·

Comments

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,851
    It looks like a giant grenade.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,284
    I like the cubing.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468
    Looks good
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
    looks great how'd it taste ?
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • It looks like a giant grenade.

:))  I'd be more afraid of the soldier that could toss it.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • Tasted fantastic. Was worried I scored it too deep but that helped the maple bourbon glaze get in there. Sweated about smoking a fresh for awhile but remembered another post -'relax its not rocket science.' Very satisfied with the result.

·
  • A2ZA2Z Posts: 99
    edited October 2012

@Gabriegger ; I have never cooked a fresh ham before,  what kind of wood for smoke and what for internal temp?  Thanks

Really looks great!

·
  • egretegret Posts: 4,035
    Decided to smoke a fresh ham for the family get together.  Used Egret's Ham recipe adding the glaze from 40 Creek Double Smoked Ham.  Squeezed 22.73 pounds on the LBGE, smoked at 250 for 7 hours.  "Why a ham that size for ten eaters?" I asked the Gaber.  "Just in case someone wanted another slice!"
    I love my Italian lady's perspective on portioning.  Supplied six other families with hunks of ham for the next 3 days!
    That looks great! I never tried that recipe on a fresh ham.......glad it turned out so well for you.
    ·
  • @A2Z I used apple and cherry wood chunks for the smoke and pulled the ham at 155 internal temp - @Egret the recipe was great, thanks. Plan on trying a smoked ham next

·