Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Care to share your mounts for CyberQ or other stoker?

jimreed777jimreed777 Posts: 268
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
Looking for a creative way to keep the fan and cyberQ out of the weather that doubles as storage.

Thinking a tupperware box for the fan that I modify so the lid closes around the fan and I leave a hole in the bottom for airflow.

Covering the actual CyberQ should be easier.

Before I rig something hideous up...anyone have an elegant solution they care to post a pic of?

Thanks guys.

Comments

• nolaegghead - do you have a better shot of your setup for the stoker in this post:

did you just screw a piece of wood to the gooseneck and attach the included mount from bq guru?

I was thinking something along the lines of what you have. Functional without being completely devoid of form.
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 11,554
    edited October 2012
    Yeah, I do have a better shot of it somewhere.  The top of the gooseneck is threaded.  I didn't have a tap that matched it (weird thread) or a nut that fit it, so I drilled a hole in a piece of wood and epoxied the threads in.  Then I screwed the supplied mount on the wood.

Retrospectively, I should have got a nut, punched a hole in the stainless mount and bolted it on.  It's a little loose from dragging the cover on and off.  Still secure, just a little loose.  I really like the goosenecks.  Keeps the light and controller off the table top and away from pooling water, beer and food.

I'll probably buy the nut and fix it one of these days. 

Weather proofing is just a matter of putting a plastic bag over it.