Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

New egghead here... First meal on the egg

SigPSigP Posts: 25
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
I bought my BGE Saturday. I've been doing some experimental cooking, mostly low heat stuff to season the gasket, but tonight I cooked my first complete meal on the Egg. It wasn't a big or complex meal - ribeye steaks with yellow squash and toasted french bread. Got a hot fire going and seasoned the squash and put it on. When they were about half way done, I kicked the heat up some more and put the steaks on. Got a good sear and let them cook. Took everything off and put the bread on, brushed with a little olive oil. Brought it all to the table and it seemed to be a hit.

Gotta say -- best cooking system I've ever had.

Comments

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,586
    Sounds great. I bet it looked even better. Next time, pics or it didnt happen   :ar!
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,223
    Welcome aboard. Glad the first cook turned out great. You will find a wealth of information and tips on this forum. Make sure you post pics.
    Unleashed from the low gasket break-in temperatures, your kamado culinary journey has, for the first time in your life, really begun.  All time thee spend on gassers and pathetic propane grills will be forgotten.   Welcome to the forum.  

• DonWWDonWW Posts: 258
    I will refrain from the obligatory, yet predictable comment about drinking the kool aid.  Not gonna do it..... 
    XL BGE.  Dallas, Texas.
  • r270bar270ba Posts: 763

Sounds great. I bet it looked even better. Next time, pics or it didnt happen   :ar!

+1. Was bummed not to see any pics!
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• SigPSigP Posts: 25
    Thanks for the comments, folks! I was too busy working on the cooking to take pics. But they will come in from future ventures. In fact, I have a brisket planned for the weekend. I will document it. 

Yep, I drank the kool aid and it was tasty. And this forum is truly a wealth of information. I hope to be a regular on here.