Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pigs In A Blanket

Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum

My original plan was to make appetizers all day long Saturday to munch on throughout the day. You know what they say about plans. My dogs had other ideas and decided "Daddy" didn't need to sleep in. Instead, he should get up WAY TOO early and go outside with them. As I'm sitting there, hot cup of coffee in hand, enjoying the cold weather, I decided that pigs in a blanket would go along just fine with breakfast.

Got the Egg lit and stabilized at 400F, place setter legs down, three green feet for spacers and a cookie sheet filled with pigs in a blanket.

Spun the cookie sheet a time or two to ensure even cooking and then at about the 20 minute mark, we were about done.

Fried me up an egg to go along with it and breakfast was served.

Not how I would have chosen to start my Saturday (the dogs had a stern talking to, but I think they ignored me), but a good start. I think this was only the second time I've cooked breakfast on the Egg (the other being [url=http://griffinsgrub.wordpress.com/2012/02/22/scotch-eggs/]Scotch Eggs[/url]. Not sure its gonna become a habit, as I'm not a big breakfast person, but we'll see what the dogs have to say about that.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• I love pigs.  I wish I knew the spices that the Germans in the Brenham and hill country area put in their pigs.  I'd make my own sausage for that.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200

Not familiar with the ones from Brenham, but totally agree with making german sausage.

Of course, after stuffing 12 lbs of sausage yesterday, its gonna be awhile before I make any more sausage. Sad thing is....we were so sick of looking at sausage by the time we were done, we didn't even cook any. Maybe tonight.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings