Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Repurposed Egg Nest

Options
BakerMan
BakerMan Posts: 159
edited October 2012 in Off Topic

My wife and I were sitting outside last night enjoying the cool Fall air and we decided it was time for a fire.  We have a clay Chiminia we like to use (infrequently) so it is usually off to the side of the patio and needs to be carried over to the seating area.  I started moving the Chiminia and thought it would be way more useful on wheels and then it hit me- I have an empty Egg Nest in the shed,  So now the Chiminia can be moved with ease.

BakerMan - Purcellville, VA "When its smokin' its cookin', when its black its done"

Comments

• Hillbilly-Hightech
    Options
    hehehehe... LOVE it!! 

P.S.  I have the same bellows which I use when lighting my Egg (well, not the SAME ones, as those ones in the pic are yours & I've never borrowed yours, but I have *similar* ones) :D
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Not me.  I've been sneeking over to Bakerman's place for years borrowing his bellows without him knowing.  It started when he was on vacation and I took an unauthorized dip in his pool.  I saw the bellows and the rest is history.  Sorry Bakerman.  I never would have thought of doing it, but Barney dared me.
    Flint, Michigan
  • BakerMan
    BakerMan Posts: 159
    Options

@HH - I was 1 cigar and 1/12 glasses of wine into the evening when the inspiration hit.  It was dark when I jammed it in there.  I gave it another look this morning in the day light and it fits like it was made for it.  What's nice is I can move it anywhere on the pool deck with ease so I suspect we will use it more now.

@Fred19Flintstone - You can borrow my bellows and swim in my pool but if you mess with my Egg...we got drama. LOL 

BakerMan - Purcellville, VA "When its smokin' its cookin', when its black its done"
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    BakerMan said:

@Fred19Flintstone - You can borrow my bellows and swim in my pool but if you mess with my Egg...we got drama. LOL 

:))
    Flint, Michigan
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    edited October 2012
    Options

P.S.  I have the same bellows which I use when lighting my Egg (well, not the SAME ones, as those ones in the pic are yours & I've never borrowed yours, but I have *similar* ones) :D
    I have a set like that too.  It took a while for the kids to accept them.  There's no place to plug them in. 
    :))
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Looks like a character on Yo Gabba Gabba :)