Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BGE Pizza Pan

DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
I have a regular pizza stone and I make pizzas on it and I've learned to master the flip to get it off the peel, but I got one of the round perforated pizza pans from the mothership for Christmas and it has become our favorite way to make pizza.  Spray the pan with Pam and make the pizza right on the pan. 

I have a Woo2 and I put it on the elevated grid UPSIDE DOWN and put the pan on the round ring for even more elevation in the BGE.  The perforated bottom makes for a crispy bottom for the crust. 

For those of you who are having a hard time with the peel and the transfer to the stone check out this pan.  I've been using it exclusively with great results. 

·

Comments

• DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    Pan is also great for veggies.
    ·
  • These are very good accessories if you make pizza or calzones.  I like crispy crusts and these give you that golden crispy crusty, or, almost burnt if you like it that way.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
    ·
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    These are very good accessories if you make pizza or calzones.  I like crispy crusts and these give you that golden crispy crusty, or, almost burnt if you like it that way.
    Correct as usual, Sam.  With this pan the bottom of the crust is going to be crispy, so if you don't want crispy this pan isn't for you.
    ·