Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Dank A$$ Yard Bird

The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 15,250
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
I did a spatchcock tonight that was just awesome. Did it 375 indirect, DP Raging River, and glazed it with Salt Lick sauce 20 minutes before I pulled it off. It was freaking good. Sooooo juicy and the raging/Salt lick was money.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Keeping it Weird in the ATX
2 Large BGE
1 MiniMax BGE
1 Karubecue C60 (aka-"The Dishwasher")
More accessories than TFJ knows about and one more purchase from mandatory counciling

Comments

• Oh yeah- 2 chunks of cherry too.
    2 Large BGE
    1 MiniMax BGE
    More accessories than TFJ knows about and one more purchase from mandatory counciling
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,995
    The barn yard pimp.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    I'm sitting by the dumpsters.
    I'll leave that last one. It was supposed to be a txt. I'll let you figure it out.
  • barn yard pimp...........me likey

2 Large BGE
    1 MiniMax BGE
  • I'll leave that last one. It was supposed to be a txt. I'll let you figure it out.

I'm lost......
    2 Large BGE
    1 MiniMax BGE
    I was txting my wife, I thought. But it ended up as a comment. I've been in the field for a week and I was telling her where I was. By the dumpsters.
  • I was txting my wife, I thought. But it ended up as a comment. I've been in the field for a week and I was telling her where I was. By the dumpsters.

Are you guys knocking over a liquor store or something? I mean that's cute and all but the Bonnie and Clyde thing has been done. Just sayin....
    2 Large BGE
    1 MiniMax BGE
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 22,331
    We had chickens all over the hood over the 6 months following Katrina.  If I had the egg back then, yard bird woulda been the literal name of more than a few spatchcocks.

• Nice looking yard bird.  Gotta love that dark rich color from cherry wood.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • lakewadelakewade Posts: 382
    That looks good.  Sides?

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • I was txting my wife, I thought. But it ended up as a comment. I've been in the field for a week and I was telling her where I was. By the dumpsters.
    Dumpster Diving, Travis?  Did the roadkill thread inspire you?   :))

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• lakewade said:

That looks good.  Sides?

We did roasted cauliflower and a salad......and Titos.

It was all delicious.
    2 Large BGE
    1 MiniMax BGE
  • Great looking bird, I haven't done one in a while, I think this will be my next cook.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• cspearce2cspearce2 Posts: 107
    Nice cook...Love Tito's...Dirty Martini's...
    Kind Regards...Papa C
    Peachtree City, GA
    2-XLBG's E...Webber 22" kettle, Retired Gas Grill
    Roll Tide!!!